Effective Date: 01/01/2018
The Website is owned and operated by: NSW Federation of Community Language Schools Inc (ACN 620784404).
We are committed to the protection of Your privacy while You use our Website.
“Parties” means both You (the user of the Website) and Us (the owner of the Website) collectively.
“Personal Information” means information that we obtain from You in connection with Your use of the Website.
“Product” means the website including all pages, all sub pages, all blogs, all forums, all other connected pages and all other connected internet content whatsoever, the home page or main page of which is located at: https://www.nswfcls.org.au/
“Services” means any or all services provided by or on the Website.
“Third Party Links” means links or references to websites other than the Website, to content other than the Content or to materials other than the Materials, none of which are controlled by Us.
“Third Party Service Provider” means a third party, separate from Us or Our Federation but which provides services that assist Us in serving You. This may include but is not restricted to web hosting, IT services, security services, payment processing, deliveries, customer service, order fulfilment or other services.
“Us”, “We”, “Our”, “the Federation” or “the Owner” refers to NSW Federation of Community Language Schools Inc
“Us”, “We”, “Our”, “the Federation” or “the Owner” also includes any employees, affiliates, agents or other representatives of NSW Federation of Community Language Schools Inc
“You” or “Your” refers to the user of the Website.
“Your Content” means any Content posted to or added to the Website, Content or Materials by You or by somebody authorised by You or doing so on Your behalf.
- Words referring to one gender include every other gender.
- Words referring to a singular number include the plural, and words referring to a plural include the singular.
- Words referring to a person or persons include companies, firms, corporations, organisations and vice versa.
- Any obligation on a Party not to do something includes an obligation not to allow that thing to be done.
- TYPE OF INFORMATION AND HOW IT IS COLLECTED
- When You use the Website, We may collect information from You through automatic tracking systems (such as information about your browsing preferences).
- In addition, We may collect information that You volunteer to Us (such as information that You provide during a sign up process or at other times while using the Website).
- In order to access all of the features of the Website, You are required to register as a user. During the registration process, We collect some of Your Personal Information, in the following manner:
- We will not collect information that identifies You personally, except when You specifically volunteer that information to Us.
- The information that We will collect from You at registration includes:For Federation membership : Organisation details; location; number of students, volunteers, contact details; please refer to details in the registration tab
- In order to access some specific features of the Website, You are required to provide some Personal Information. During this process, We collect some of Your Personal Information, in the following manner:
- We will not collect information that identifies You personally, except when You specifically volunteer that information to Us when using specific Website features. These specific Website features might include, but are not limited to:
- making purchases
- receiving notifications by text message or email about events and promotions
- receiving general emails from Us
- Participating in competitions, participating in surveys, participating in other events organised by the NSWFCLS INC.
- In addition to any Personal Information that You are required to provide in order to access these additional Website features, in some cases You may be required to provide more specific information. For example, in order to make purchases, You may need to provide credit card information, billing information and postal addresses.
- In addition to collecting the Personal Information as already described in this clause, we may also collect the following Personal Information:Your role in your organisation/school; your feedback regarding events conducted by the NSWFCLS INC.; dietary requirements when catering for functions
- Cookies are small files stored on Your computer or mobile device which collect information about Your browsing behaviour.
- Cookies do not access information which is stored on Your computer.
- Cookies enable us to tailor our configurations to Your needs and preferences, in order to improve Your user experience.
- Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, although You are able to change Your browser settings to control cookies, including whether or not You accept them, and how to remove them. You may also be able to set Your browser to advise You if You receive a cookie, or to block or delete cookies. However, if You do this, You may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Website.
- HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
- Please note that no systems involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, are completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of Your Personal Information very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect Your Personal Information.
- We use appropriate physical, digital, managerial and security systems to store Your Personal Information and to protect it against unauthorised access, destruction or disclosure. These systems include but are not limited to:Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr etc.
- THIRD PARTIES
- We may provide some of Your Personal Information from time to time to Third Party Service Providers so that they can help us to serve You via the Website. In particular, We may use Third Party Service Providers to assist with information storage (such as cloud storage).
- We may provide some of Your Personal Information to Third Party Service Providers for the purpose of analysing data or tracking usage. For example, We may use these services to find out where page requests come from, dates and times of page requests, details of any website that referred You to the Website and other details about Your usage of the Website. This information enables Us to understand patterns of usage of the Website, and to improve the Website.
- We may use Third Party Service Providers to host the Website. If this occurs, that Third Party Service Provider is likely to have access to some of Your Personal Information.
- We may use Third Party Service Providers to fulfil orders in relation to the Website.
- We may use Third Party Service Providers for the following services in relation to the Website:Public Liability Insurance and first aid courses are provided by third party services.
- For Your information, some of Our Third Party Service Providers may be located outside Australia and may not be subject to Australian privacy laws. The countries or regions in which our Third Party Service Providers may be located include:United States and Australia
- We may also share Your Personal Information with the following third parties:NSW Department of Education; Australian Federation of Ethnic Schools Associations of Australia; State Government, and other regulated bodies.
- COMBINING INFORMATION
We may combine, link or aggregate some of Your information in order to obtain a better understanding of Your requirements. This may enable Us to better design the Website and may also assist with Our business or administration requirements.
- HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
- We use Your Personal Information to help us improve your experience with Our Website. We may use Your Personal Information for purposes including but not limited to:
- membership and insurance registration, event registration and first aid course registration
- providing customer service to You.
- marketing and advertising to You including both direct and indirect marketing and advertising and including marketing and advertising about products that may interest You based on Your personal preferences or demographics.
- advising You about updates to the Website or related Items.
- MERGER, RESTRUCTURE OR SALE OF OUR BUSINESS
- Part or all of Our business may be merged, restructured or sold including but not limited to through an ordinary sale of business or of stock, a corporate reorganisation, a change in control, bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings.
- In the event that such a merger, restructure or sale occurs as described in the preceding sub-clause hereof, We may transfer Your Personal Information, including personally identifiable information, as part of that merger, restructure or sale.
- EMAIL OPT IN/OUT
- ACCESSING, UPDATING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You have the right to request access to any of Your Personal Information which We are holding.b. You have the right to request that any of Your Personal Information which We are holding be updated or corrected.
- In addition, You should use the following procedure in order to request access or correction to Your Personal Information:Users contact the NSWFCLS INC. and request in writing any amendments to their personal information.
- DISCLAIMER REGARDING SECURITY
- We take customer satisfaction very seriously. If You have a complaint in relation to Our handling of Your Personal Information, We will endeavour to handle it promptly and fairly. For Your information, an overview of Our complaints handling procedure is as follows:
- Any complaints are forwarded to Our Administration officer for review. We aim to review all complaints within 7 days of receiving them (although this cannot be guaranteed). If necessary, the administration officer may then refer the complaint to another section within Our organisation for consideration. If further information is required, We may contact You to request that information. If We accept fault in relation to the complaint then We will propose a resolution (which may or may not be the same as any resolution proposed by You). If We do not accept fault, then We will contact You to advise You of this. We aim to complete this entire process within 21 days, provided that We are provided complete information in the first place (although this cannot be guaranteed). However, if You do not provide complete information then this is likely to delay the handling of Your complaint.
- If You have a complaint in relation to Our handling of Your Personal Information, You should use the following procedure to lodge Your complaint with Us:Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If You are not satisfied with Our response to Your complaint, You may refer your complaint to the relevant external dispute resolution organisation in Your area.
- CONTACT US
Contact the Administration officer
Tel: (02) 95586134
Fax: (02) 95610403